It is said that almost 97% of jobs now require a candidate to pass GCSE in mathematics, so ensuring your child receives the right tuition to achieve a good grade is really important. The Maths curriculum has also recently changed, meaning that students taking the foundation paper, are now expected to learn content that was previously only on the higher paper.
All of our Maths tutors are up to date with the changes in the curriculum and your child can be expected to receive support in learning the core mathematical topics including Calculation and Structure, Fractions, Percentages and Decimals, Measures and Accuracy and Algebra.
More extensive topics may include Ratio, Proportion, Rates of Change, Geometry and Measures, Vectors and Probability and Statistics.
We know that different schools use different exam boards. Don’t worry our sessions are designed to support with all exam boards.
We all know that practise makes perfect, so why not check out the practise exam papers on our resources page.
Our tutors can cover all GCSE topics including the more challenging topics such as:
- Rearranging Formulae
- Algebraic Indices
- The Quadratic Formula
- Composite and Inverse Functions
- Iterative Methods
- Algebraic Proof
- Sine Rule, Cosine Rule and Triangle Area Rule
Some of the new topics on the foundation paper:
- Standard form
- Expanding double brackets
- Solving quadratic equations by factorising
- Compound interest
- Solve linear simultaneous equations algebraically and graphically
- Calculate density, mass and volume
- Percentage change and reverse percentages
- Scale factors
- Use the sin, cos and tan for right-angled triangles
- Tree diagrams