ExpertEase Tuition Terms and Conditions for Tutoring services
1. These terms
- 1.1 What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply services to you.
- 1.2 Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you book your tuition with us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
2. Information about us and how to contact us.
- 2.1 Who we are. We are ExpertEase Tuition a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10006998 and our registered office is at Staple House, 5 Eleanor’s Cross, Dunstable Bedfordshire LU6 1SU.
- 2.2 How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning at 01908 229 578 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2.3 How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address you provided to us in your order.
- 2.4 "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
3. Our contract with you.
- 3.1 How we will accept your booking. Our acceptance of your booking will take place when we email you to accept your booking, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- 3.2 If we cannot accept your booking. If we are unable to accept your booking, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the service.
- 3.3 Your order number. We will assign a booking reference to your booking and tell you what it is when we accept your order.
- 3.4 We accept booking from outside of the UK. We can receive bookings for our services from outside of the UK.
4. The Services.
- 4.1 Our services are the coordination and provision of online tuition with our tutors via video such as Skype, as described on our website at https://www.experteasetuition.co.uk/.
- 4.2 Your students engaging in tuition will be required to have the necessary computer equipment, webcam and microphone plus access to the internet in order for us to provide our services.
- 4.3 You may book lessons on a block booking basis or you can book lessons individually as required. However, we give priority to customers who block book lessons to use the same tutor as far as possible for all of the blocked booked lessons.
- 4.4 We offer no guarantee that the same tutor will be available for all pre-booked lessons, but will do our best to accommodate requests for a specific tutor.
- 4.5 If your student can no longer attend a lesson for a date and time booked with a tutor, then you should contact [us/ the tutor] shall see if they can rearrange the lesson. However, if the tutor is unable to rearrange the booked lesson, you are liable and no refund is due.
- 4.6 If a tutor needs to rearrange a lesson, you have already booked with them, they shall contact you as soon as possible and you can agree a suitable date and time.
5. Your rights to end the contract.
- 5.1 Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most services bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
- 5.2 When you don't have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- (a) services, once these have been completed, even if the cancellation period is still running.
- 5.3 How long do I have to change my mind?
- (a) When you have booked lessons: You have 14 days after the day we email you to confirm we accept your booking. However, once our tutors have completed the lessons you cannot change your mind, even if the period is still running. If you cancel after we have started the lessons, you must pay us for the services provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind.
6. How to end the contract with us if you have changed your mind during the 14 day “cooling off” period.
- 6.1 Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
Phone or email. Call us on the number provided above or email us at email address provided above. Please provide your name, home address, details of the booking and, where available, your phone number and email address.
When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind
7. Our rights to end the contract
- 7.1 We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract at any time by writing to you if:
- (a) you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within seven days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- (b) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the service.
- 7.2 You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 7.1 we are due reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
8. If there is a problem with the services
- 8.1 How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the our services, please contact us.
9. Price and payment.
- 9.1 Where to find the price for the service. The price of the service (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the booking pages.
- 9.2 We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the services, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the services in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- 9.3 When you must pay and how you must pay.
- (a) We will send you an invoice at the send of each month.
- (b) Payment is due to us within 30 days of our sending you an invoice. We reserve the right to add interest for late payments. Interest will be charged on a daily basis at 4% over Lloyds Bank plc base rate from time to time from the date of
the bill in cases where payment is not made within 30 days of delivery by us of the invoice.
- (c) Further, in the event of late payment of our invoices, we will be entitled to the costs of recovery of our fees and disbursements.
10. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you.
- 10.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- 10.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the services.
11. How we may use your personal information.
12. Other important terms
- 12.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- 12.2 You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- 12.3 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- 12.4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- 12.5 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- 12.6 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in the English courts.
13. ExpertEase Tuition agrees to provide tutors recruited inline with our safer recruitment policy which can be found on www.experteasetuition.co.uk.
- 13.1 ExpertEase Tuition agrees to provide weekly tutor reports to all stakeholders.
- 13.2 ExpertEase Tuition agrees to follow current curriculum and follow curriculum information provided by schools.
- 13.3. ExpertEase Tuition agrees to communicate regularly with all stakeholders about student progress and safeguarding.
- 13.4 ExpertEase Tuition agrees agree to attend relevant meetings where possible.